I've decided that babies like to make you worry. Monday was one of those worry days that ended up never needing a worry. Kylie woke up Monday with a little bit of a fever and at first I didn't think much of it. But as the day went on and the fever didn't seem to be going away I called my doctor to see how much Tylenol to give her since she is so small--they instead informed me not to give her Tylenol but to go to the ER as soon as possible and told me it could really be serious since she was only 2 months old. I was a little taken back since she seemed to be fine she just had a fever of 101.5 degrees (and let me tell you how much fun taking a babies temperature the "correct" way is--she ended peeing all over in the process!!!) So we decided we had better be safe and take her to the hospital. And in the meantime I start to worry about my little girl so I said a little prayer that all would be OK and then went to the Children's Hospital were we proceeded to sit and sit and sit, then be taken to another waiting room and sit and sit some more. We finally got to see the doctor 5 hours later and they took some blood and a urine sample and then we sat and sat while we waited for the results of her lab work. And finally (now 6 housrs later) they came back and luckily told me that all of her lab work was just fine and that she had just a fever! She was so brave when they took her blood--she hardly cried!!!
3 comments:
I heart babies, but I loathe emergency rooms. I took Abby in today for a persistent fever too. She's sick and it will pass, or so they told me.
Ahhhh...the joys of modern medicine! For such a serious thing, you'd think they would have gotten you in sooner. But then to spend all that time to just realize that you were right, and didn't even have to go to medical school!
Glad she is ok! It's good to see you guys posting again, so we can read all the fun stuff going on over there!
Hi Rockwoods!! Congrats on your baby girl. What a birthday present! She is beautiful. I'm glad she's doing okay. Sick babies are always scary.
Post a Comment