Saturday, June 20, 2009

Cruise FUN!!!


Jared and I did a last minute cruise getaway at the beginning of June! By last minute I mean we booked it Friday night and left Thursday morning!!! We had been wanting to get away just the 2 of us and the prices on Carnival were to great to pass up! It was just a 4 day 3 night cruise. We left San Diego Thursday, Friday we were in Catalina, Saturday was a fun day at Sea and then we were back to San Diego on Sunday. It was so fun to be together, relax, read, and EAT (I think we both gained 5 pounds in one weekend)
They had a fun minature golf course on the top of the ship but it was so windy that as soon as you hit the ball the wind would just role it away from where you hit it. Jared got a hole in one--me on the other hand not so good--golf is definately not my game!
Jared lost count to how many ice cream cones he ate!!!

We read and read and read! Jared read a whole book in one weekend! I was quite impressed--he's usually not that much of a reader.
Can you tell that I have Arizona blood in me? Here I am "laying" out in socks, jeans, and a jacket with the hood on--I was soooo cold! But I was in the minority if you look behind me there is a lady laying out in her bikini much like the rest of the boat!
Catalina was BEAUTIFUL!
We rented a tandem bike on Catalina and rode around the city. It was fun and it was great to get some exercise after all the food we had been eating!
We were able to see some cool ocean animals!
The seals were on the bouyees (sp?) going out of San Diego and the Dolphins were following the the boat, we also got to see a whale unfortunately I didn't get a picture but it was so cool to see it blow out of its blow hole.


It was such a fun trip!! Thanks Mom and Dad and Denae and Tanya for taking such great care of my girls! I think they had as much fun as we did!

5 comments:

Natalie said...

how fun! Glad you had a great time!

Liz said...

I love that last picture of the two of you. What a fun quick getaway. Cruises are a great price right now, thats great that you were able to take advantage of it.

The Glenns said...

Nice to see you in the blogging world again. And there must have been some serious karma yesterday when I picked up the 'Fat Bat' just before Jared walked by at Walmart. I love running into you guys when we are out. See you in a week.

Tina ♥ said...

What beautiful pictures!! Looks like an absolutely wonderful time! Glad you got to get away just the 2 of you, and have a great week.

Nancy Page said...

Looks like so much fun. How can I get Greg to go?