Friday, May 8, 2009

Women's Conference



Last week I was able to go up to Women's Conference at BYU and had so much fun!! The classes were awesome and the speakers phenomenal!! It was nice to get away for a few days and get rejuvenated to be a better wife, mother, and overall person. Jared was able to take a few days off work and he and the girls had so much fun playing together--he is such a fun Dad!!!


It was fun living at the dorms for a few days and eating in the Cannon Center--they really have made it nice--breakfast was awesome! It was great seeing Andrea again and fun being her roommate. We were best friends growing up but haven't seen each other in years so it was fun to catch up!
Friday night I was able to meet up with Kristy, one of my favorite friends that moved to Utah a few years ago. We miss their family and all our fun game nights! They have 4 boys and we have 4 girls--we balance each other perfectly! This is one of my favorite pictures of our kids a few years ago--this is before I had Kylie. Hopefully we can get up there next year and get a picture of all 8! Good luck Kristy on your Iron Girl Race this weekend!!!

Then I got to spend Saturday and Sunday with Derick, Natalie, their kids and the Pearts. It was so fun hanging out with them and getting to hold such a cute little baby. I really wanted to take Braxton home with me--I think that is the only way we will ever have a boy. He was the BEST baby! And it was fun being there for Brynlee's birthday. She is so smart and talks so well. Kylie is only 6 months younger and doesn't say a thing--she just points and grunts. But then again her sisters get her anything she grunts at. My mom said Derick was the same way and he turned out pretty well! Thanks Derick and Nat for a GREAT weekend--I loved hanging out with you guys!!!!
Braxton
Brynlee

Brynlee and her cousins Tragen and Bridger They were so cute I love being able to play with them. Tragen is the same age as Camryn and I think they would get along great! Too bad we live so far apart!

Crazy going from this up at Snowbird to home where it is a lovely 103 degrees!
I took this from the airport in Utah I wish I could have been outside to take a better picture of these beautiful rainbows! A perfect ending to a perfect trip!

4 comments:

Natalie said...

Im so glad you had fun! I have heard that womens conference is so amazing and such a fun spiritual experience.

Liz said...

What a wonderful husband to watch the kids for you while you have a wonderful and relaxing time. I've never been to women's conference but your post makes me want to go.

Andrea Brooks said...

Cute post. Women's conference was so fun. It was great to see you and catch up. We'll hae to make it an annual thing! You are a great friend!

Nancy Page said...

What a great time! I definatley have to go next year. I'm so glad that you got to see fam too. It's always fun to get to see family that we don't get to see very often. Welcome home.