Sydney turned 7 last Monday (April 20th) and Makayla turned 9 on Tuesday (April 21st). So we had a whole week of partying. We started Sunday with a family birthday party. They got to pick their favorite dinner (Hawaiian haystacks--yum!) and have a birthday cake they helped decorate. They then got to open some of their presents--they loved their present from Nanna and Pappa--The Littlest Pet Shop for the WII. It has already been played for hours!!! This last week they have had a hard time deciding whether to swim or to play their new game! They also got some cool remote princess cars from their Dad and a new Disney Hannah Montanna MP3 player from mom. That is why this post is so late, I have been trying to figure out how to load songs to it. I never knew their was a difference between types of songs--why would you have mpeg4 files and mpeg3 files, but only mpeg3 files work on their player?!?! It has made me appreciate I-tunes so much more!!!!! It is by far the easiest program for organizing and loading your songs to your player!!!!! But after many hours we reached success and now I have two girls that can't hear me because they are listening to their new mp3 players (not that they were listening to me before!)
On Monday for Sydney's b-day we went to Chuck E Cheese. The girls had a blast! And I loved it because their wasn't that many people there--so we pretty much had the place to ourselves!
On Tuesday Makayla choose Red Robin! YUM! After dinner there was a Krispy Kreme next door and we went over for a donut only to find out you get a dozen free donuts on your birthday, so we walked out of there with 2 dozen hot fresh donuts! YUM YUM!!!!!
And, on Saturday the girls had two parties. First in the afternoon a swim party with some of their new friends from school. And then in the evening they invited some of their best friends and their families from Laveen to come have a bbq. The girls had sooooo much fun playing with their friends and Jared and I had a great time visiting with some of our great friends as well!!!
Overall it was a great week and I can't believe how old my girls are getting! It still amazes me that I have a 9 year old! But as much as I am dreading those lovely teenage years I love watching them grow up and have personalities all their own!
6 comments:
nice to hear from you. didn't know about the krispy kreme donuts for your birthday, i'll have to remember that one. i applaude you for updating!! love ya, lindsay
Cute pictures! Sounds like you all had a great week, especially the girls. Two parties in one day!! How fun getting two free dozen donuts.
HAPPY BIRTHDAY to two beautiful girls from your friends in Texas!!!!
SO fun! We miss you guys!
Happy Birthday girls! Sounds like a fun, busy week. Are we really getting that old?
Post a Comment