
I'm starting to think that every post is going to start with that if I don't get more organized!!! But Jared just left for China this morning for 2 weeks so hopefully while he is gone I can be a better blogger and catch up on everybody else's blogs. I am hoping that he sends me some cool pictures so I can post some but we'll see. He is still flying evethough he left at 4:30am this morning--15 hours of flying does not sound like fun to me but to be able to see China--I think I could handle it! Last week I think was one of the busiest weeks. First, I was in charge of teacher appreciation week at the girls school. Hopefully the teachers felt appreciated. I know they deserve so much for doing such a great job. I have loved both of my girls teachers this year!!! The second thing that made me busy was getting my house cleaned so that family could come stay--its amazing how dirty a house can get when you are distracted by other things!!!!
But, the best and busiest day came on Saturday Jared FINALLY graduated from ASU with a MBA and Makayla was baptized. It was such an enormous day of accomplishments for our family. The graduation was great and the baptism was so special. It still boggles my mind that I have a daughter that is old enough to make such an important decision. Thanks to all that came it was such a great day. It's amazing that though the day seemed crazy and rushed when Makayla was baptized you could feel the spirit so strong and it made me just take a deep breath and think how this is all that matters--keeping the commandments and doing all that we can to return to live with our Father in Heaven again. I was so proud of her at that moment of the choice that she made. After she was baptized and I was helping her change it was one of my most favorite moments with her. It was so special to be with her and to see how happy she was and to see her beautiful smile glowing from her face. It amazes me how much you can love your children!!! 





4 comments:
i'm so glad that graduation and the baptism went well. sorry we couldn't be there, i bet they were both really special. also, sorry i am the rudest girl and didn't even talk to you on mother's day. i hope you had a great day. we'll see you in a couple months.
Well two BIG Congratulations! We'll be in baptism mode one year from now. She looks so beautiful!
What a creative title! Actually, it wasn't, but I did thik it was pretty funny. I look at your blog all the time, and when I saw that "2," I chuckled. Congrats to Jared. Jeff's working on his master's, but is not that close. Congrats to the baptism girl! That's so awesome. It seems so far for Sarah. You guys all look so great!
Kenise--you made me cry with this post...I remember so well the feelings I had when Jeff finally got his MBA...and your thoughts about Makayla's baptism were so sweet. Thanks for sharing!
Post a Comment