Tuesday, January 13, 2009

We've moved!!!!

What a crazy month but we are finally in our new house and loving it!!!! The worst was not having the Internet for the last two weeks and then for the two weeks before that I was either too sick or too busy to get on!

So here is our crazy story of the move--We bought our wonderful house in Gilbert on December 23rd but I was determined to enjoy Christmas and not have boxes all over the house so I didn't start packing until the 28th knowing that we had to be in our new home the next week (January 5th) for the girls to start school. So really not a smart choice in that we have a TON of stuff!!! The other fun part of the move was that since we were getting new carpet put in in our new house we wanted to have the house painted. So we painted and painted and painted--until we painted almost every wall and baseboard in the whole house! The only rooms that didn't get done were the 2 bathrooms because they weren't getting carpet and I we were COMPLETELY tired of painting! But I must thank my family for helping, especially my parents I couldn't have done it with out them!!!
The best part was that during all of that craziness of packing and painting I got a very bad cold that turned into a sinus infection (one of the worst things that I have ever had, it felt like someone had punched my face and then put a brick on it!) also Camryn and Kylie decided it would be great time to be sick as well!! But we made it through and are loving our new home and can't wait for the summer to play in the pool, although Makayla and Sydney were so excited by having a pool they already jumped in! Makayla even swam from one side to the other, crazy girl swimming in December!! One of the things I love about our house is that we are close to shopping and food--which came in handy since we ate out for 2 weeks straight! And that I can be to Costco in less than 5 minutes!
Here are a couple of before pictures so you can see what our house looks like and then tomorrow I will take some more pictures of what it looks like now with a better paint selection--who chooses mustard yellow and mint green paint anyway!!!!

Hooray for a 3 car garage!!! Our huge tree that we can't wait to chop down!

6 comments:

dustyperle said...

oh my goodness I am so excited for you guys!!! Your house looks beautiful. We would love to see the new paint job or if you need help painting a bathroom give us a call. It would be so good to see you guys.

Deirdre Eagar said...

congrats- we are gonna miss you, and I am so jealous-costco in 5min!!!

Lindsay Renee' said...

thanks for the thoughtful message. it was good to spend time with you yesterday. the house looks lovely, so happy for you and jared. love, from your other sister.

Jeff and Ashleigh said...

Wow, nice house! It looks absolutely beautiful. And love that the back yard has a fence! That's one major thing I miss about Arizona. Not very many houses here have a fence at all. And a pool.... I'm jealous.

The Faller's! said...

we love it and are soooo excited for you guys! Be sure and post some pics of the finished project. Miss you guys!

Kimi said...

You guys are so lucky. What a nice house. What I wouldn't give to have a three car garage and a pool. That and to be so close to a Costco. Hopefully we can get down there sometime to visit you guys. Christian still talks about Makayla all the time. It is always so fun when we see you guys-too bad we live so far away now. We are sure missing the AZ weather right now. The other day it was -15. I can't wait to see pics of your house all painted. I can't believe you already painted almost all of it, and to be sick on top of that. Poor girl.

btw, I don't know if I gave you my blog address. Nate's brother set me up with one a couple of months ago. It is kristynuh.blogspot.com

-Kristy McClellan (I'm logged in under my sister)