Monday, December 14, 2009

If only I had blogged

If only I had blogged better I wouldn't be in such mourning. Last week our computer COMPLETELY crashed and took with it all of my pictures from 2009! Luckily before we moved last year I downloaded all of my pictures prior to that on CD. But a whole years worth of pictures and all of my photoshop fun have been lost!!! I must admit quite depressing!
So now I have learned the hard way to always, ALWAYS back up EVERYTHING and blog more so I can have those memories forever.
By being computer-less these past few days it has surprised me how much I use my computer. Luckily I can get on Jared's work computer in the evening to check e-mail. But its amazing how many times in the day I find myself thinking I will go look that up online or what not and can not. How did we all survive before we had Internet and computers?!?!?!
The other worst part is that I love to send out Christmas cards to all of our friends and family but with the loss of the computer goes the loss of our address book! So I will be e-mailing when I get my new computer to get everyone's address again.

So, Santa if you are reading this, all I want for Christmas is a new Mac!

Also, does anyone know of a good place to take your hard drive to, just in the chance that they can recover any of my data? From what I have gathered from a few of our friends from looking at our computer, is that it doesn't sound like my hard drive is in good shape. Although, I'm still praying that there may be a chance to still get some of my pics off of it.

9 comments:

Kristy said...

What a bummer! Seriously, I would cry. I hope you can recover your pics, I know that it works for a lot of people. I have no idea where you could take it though. I'll have to ask Nate. It's fun to see your update, I am so pathetic at my blog. Someday I'll have to give you a call, it would be fun to talk to you. This week is kind of crazy with the last week of school and getting ready for Christmas. Anyway, I hope you and Camryn had a good birthday.

Kristy McClellan

Tina ♥ said...

I'm so sorry!! That is so sad. I hope you end up being able to get your pictures. If you need a computer to use in the mean time, you are more than welcomed to come use ours.

Amy G. said...

Oh, I think I'd just cry and cry for days! I hope you can recover your pictures. When you get your new computer you might consider signing on with carbonite.com. They do automatic backups of your computer. It's given us a lot of peace of mind.

Natalie said...

SAnta please bring kenise a IMAC! She will love it forever

Autumn said...

So so sorry. I've had this happen to me and it is depressing!!I'm sending I-MaC vibes your way.

Monica said...

My brother in law was able to recover ALL of our stuff when our computer crashed a year and a half ago. Don't know what he charges...but I can find out if you would like. I (like you) hadn't backed up mi pictures for a year or more. I feel your pain.

Brenda said...

You're in my thoughts and prayers at this difficult time. I don't know how I would survive if I were in your shoes.

Nancy Page said...

Kenise,
I am so sorry. That totally sucks! I'm going to go by a thumb drive tommorrow because this is the second story that I've heard like this in two weeks. It must be a sign. Hey we use Boston Bryce to fix our computer all the time. He actually built the one that we have now. Greg has his number if you want to give hima call. He only charged us like $40 to fix it last time too. So much cheaper than taking it anywhere else and computers are what he does!

heather said...

That stinks, it has happened to us, but we were able to recover most of it. Brent just had the computer guy at his work look at it. I hope you have the same success. Speaking of address we need your new one, your Christmas card has been sitting on our counter for two weeks, waiting for Brent to get a hold of it. I hope all works out.